Monday, June 12, 2006

The Phog Lounge Original T-Shirt Art Show - June 16th



Okay, to start with, if you make t-shirts, I've already been talking to you.
For those of you who are just interested in coming to see original works of art/t-shirts for sale...skip the next paragraph and go to the part about when the show is actually happening.

T-SHIRT MAKERS!!
This two-week-long show begins June 16 at Phog Lounge. I invite all people interested in making an original t-shirt (be it silkscreen, iron-on, Sharpie Marker Drawing, Painting, etc.) to bring me their works BEFORE JUNE 21st because that is the night when ALL shirts are expected to be in. The sooner your shirt is turned in (preferably June 15th) the more bids your shirt will receive in the silent auction-sale-style. All shirts sold will be donating 30% of the highest bid (per shirt) to The Weekend to End Breast Cancer. The remaining 70% will go to the artist. All shirts MUST be originals or ONE-OFFS, meaning you are not allowed to recreate the same shirt again. You are selling an original. Get it?
There is no limit to the amount of shirts submitted, as long as they are each original.
Consider your audience. Phog goers like unique stuff, so don't make Mr. T (A-Team) shirts, or Napoleon Dynamite shirts...you can get that shit anywhere.
There will be a grand prize given to the shirt that gets the highest bid in the entire show! There will also be a prize given to the person who contributes the highest bid during the show! No $3 increments on bids now...that'll just put you in second place. All money earned from the bids and all T-shirts that don't sell must be picked up by July 3rd or Phog will just keep the shirts and donate the money to the cause.
American Apparel will be sponsoring the event, providing a prize or series of prizes for the event. If you didn't know, they make the best, most comfortable shirts in the bloody world.



T-SHIRT BUYERS and AFFICIANADOS!!
The Phog Lounge Original T-Shirt Art Show will be erected June 16th, but the reception night, June 21 (Wednesday) will include ALL of the shirts being sold. As you know, artists are unreliable and they need more time even though this show has been planned for 6 months.
The highest bidder on any given shirt will receive a prize at the end of the show!
The end of the show is 2AM June 30th at the end of the BIG fundraising night for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer. There is a Latin Night Theme with Salsa dancing and more. For tickets to this event, contact Tom at Phog. The event WILL be open to the public later in the evening, so even if you do NOT come to the event, you will be able to make last minute bids. At 2AM, June 30th, the highest bid on each card will be the winning bid! ALL payments and shirt pick-ups must be made by July 3.
American Apparel will be sponsoring the event, providing a prize or series of prizes for the event. If you didn't know, they make the best, most comfortable shirts in the bloody world.

ENJOY THE SHOW.
Any questions...call Tom
253.1605

In short, it is summer-time people! All your t-shirts are played-out and lame. Go out and get a NEW, ORIGINAL piece of artwork to call your clothing. Phog Lounge will be holding it.

Be like Brian Borcherdt... get a cool shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com